Wednesday 25 July 2012

Wednesday 25th July 2012

Good morning

So much for me posting every day! Perhaps I'll say "I'll post a few times a week" instead.


Anyway, my post today is another two cards I made recently (ish). The first one is my Mum's birthday card. I love teal and white and was really happy with how this card turned out. I had the Sizzix (Tim Holtz) birdcage and rosette for Christmas and the rest of the dies I've been buying in the sizzix sale every month. I can't resist. I love my Big Shot and use it all the time. My mum loved the card by the way, she keeps all my handmade cards and some of them are really poor! When I first started my efforts were very basic but it's funny to look back.

The second one was made using my funky hand Cd's for the background and I used a Fiskars scalloped lace punch to make the borders. I can't remember where I got the 'girl' from but I think it was a Polkadoodles CD. I just coloured her in using Promarkers.

On a personal note I've bought two pedometers in the last week. The first one lasted 2 days, granted it was only £5 in Asda's sale but even changing the battery didn't bring it back to life. My second one is working intermittently. Just what you need when you're trying to make an accurate recording of your progress. I did a 10 minute walk on my treadmill, spent all day doing washing, ironing etc and by the end of the day....wait for it!!!! I'd done 169 steps altogether. I could have chucked it out of the window. I've cleared all the different settings now and trying again today so hopefully I'll have better results to report tomorrow.

No comments: